A rainy afternoon

Saturday 11 October 2014


After a busy morning at football club and then a visit to the shops we headed home as the weather was miserable. Now any one who knows Little Mr knows that he is obsessed with planes at the moment. He was a little adamant following the shops the he 'needed' an airport for his planes. But  with Christmas on the Horizon and Little Miss' first Birthday around the corner there was no way I was going to buy him more toys so I suggested we make our own. 



Little Mr loves to get creative so we started by turning a cereal box inside out (much easier than painting the glossier side)and painting it black. I had seen a post on Pinterest many weeks ago where they had used fairy lights along a runway strip. I bought a few packs of battery lights last Christmas for a pound a pack and they were just perfect for the job.



I added the runway albeit very quickly as I had a grumpy baby and a toddler eager to play planes. I quickly pierced 8 holes and inserted the lights. I added a little tape to the back of each one to keep them in place. And voila our cereal box was ready to play with. 


This was such a quick activity and Little Mr thought it was great.  I am planning on using our cereal boxes in some more creative ways over the coming weeks.


Have you made anything with a cereal box?

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing!! I would never have thought of making my own runway/airport. Great job. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read your comments, thank you if you are kind enough to add one. Ruth x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground