Personalised Wedding Gift

Monday 26 May 2014

Now I am a little old fashioned when it comes to weddings and gifts, I much prefer to give a gift than a voucher or money and I am not really a fan of being told what to buy through a gift list either. So for our most recent wedding I made up a simple hamper with some hand crafted labels. One of my favourite purchases for my craft stash was a letter stamp set. I have used it countless times and love the effect it creates.
 
 
 
I chose luggage labels to stamp on for this gift to give a shabby chic, vintage feel. We were a little limited on budget as along with travel, outfits, hotel plus two more weddings and the fact we are now living on one wage, but I think we managed to pull off a presentable and thoughtful gift.
 
I chose a smallish basket, it was smaller than I needed but that stopped me buying more to fill it with. As soon as I saw the date block I knew I had to have it as I liked the idea of setting the date to their wedding day. I also packed the hamper with old fashioned sweets, a candle, prosecco (switched at the last minute as the bride doesn't drink wine), a photo frame, plus crafty things for their children.
 



As the bride and groom already have 3 children I wanted to give them something that they could all have a part of hence the crafty things and sweets.

 
Ideally I would have wrapped this with cellophane however there was a severe shortage the day I went shopping and so tissue paper it was. I finished with ribbon and a Just married slate heart. I personalised this with there wedding date and wrote a message on the back too.
 
Now I have to think of something creative for the next wedding?!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read your comments, thank you if you are kind enough to add one. Ruth x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground