A Simple Sautrday

Saturday 26 April 2014

Today we have had a simple Saturday, no big plans as such so it was great to spend the day together at home. Well half of it at least as the hubby headed to football this afternoon. So our simple Saturday went a little like this:

We started with a lazy morning breakfast and showered and at Little Mr's request time to just play. We set up and played with his Fireman Sam village which is one of his favourite toys at the minute.
Over the last couple of weeks I have really been overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and family. My Little Mr has really been spoilt rotten for his birthday. It may have been a week ago now but he is still receiving gifts now. One of my oldest and best friend popped round with yet more presents for the little man. We don't get to see each other as often now and with children on the scene a night our for dinner and drinks is long over due but hopefully it will happen again soon!!


 
The lucky man received a pirate boat and figures along with a two books. One of which I have read to him three times today. We had a cuppa and a good old chinwag. I'm not at all jealous she is getting glammed up tonight and painting the town red, honest!!  It was lovely to see little Miss snuggle in for cuddles and fall asleep.
 
 


 
We had a quiet afternoon the hubby bought us lunch and then headed off to football. We played games and read stories. We even created a boat made from the sofa cushions, the boat later became an aeroplane which Little Mr piloted across the ocean. It never ceases to amze me his wonderful imagination. We do play a lot of role play activities but it still impresses me.
 
 
All set for the bedtime routine. Now I do like having help with this but will freely admit it is much easier on my own as I have a certain way and find it runs super smoothly (I am ignoring the fact little Mr wouldn't get in the dam thing at first).
 
We ended the day with lots of giggles on the bed, then headed downstairs for milk and stories. As a treat I let Little Mr sleep on his Daddies side of the bed and moved him before he got home but shhhh don't tell him. Let hope tomorrow brings lots of simple pleasures it will be our first Sunday together just the four of us in months!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read your comments, thank you if you are kind enough to add one. Ruth x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground